The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has recently released the much-awaited Bihar Board Class 12 syllabus for the academic year 2023-24. This comprehensive syllabus encompasses a wide range of subjects and sub-topics for students in the Arts, Science, and Commerce streams. Aspiring candidates preparing for the BSEB 12th exams can find the detailed Bihar Board 12th syllabus for 2023-24 outlined in this informative article. This syllabus provides students with a structured and organized framework, enabling them to plan their studies effectively and focus on key concepts. By referring to the Bihar Board 12th syllabus 2023-24, students can gain a clear understanding of the topics they need to cover and the depth of knowledge required for each subject. It serves as a valuable resource to enhance their preparation and boost their confidence as they navigate their academic journey.
Subject Wise Class 12th Syllabus 2023-24
The Science stream of the Bihar Board Class 12th Syllabus encompasses crucial subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and primary languages like Hindi and English. It is of utmost importance for students preparing for the Bihar Board exams to thoroughly study and comprehend the syllabus for Science. By dedicating ample time and effort to these subjects, students can establish a strong foundation and excel in their examinations. Additionally, the Commerce stream offers subjects like Economics, Business Studies, and Accountancy, which necessitate consistent practice and dedication for mastery. Consequently, it is highly recommended for students to commence their preparations early and develop a disciplined study routine. To aid candidates in their exam preparations, the detailed subject-wise Bihar Board Class 12th Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23 is provided below. This syllabus serves as a reliable and comprehensive guide, outlining the topics that need to be covered and facilitating a systematic approach to studying.
By diligently adhering to this syllabus, students can enhance their understanding, strengthen their knowledge base, and achieve outstanding results in their exams.
|Subject||Topics in Syllabus|
|Mathematics||Relations and Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, Probability|
Unit-II Current Electricity
Unit-III Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Unit-IV Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Unit–V Electromagnetic Waves
Unit–VII Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
Unit–VIII Atoms and Nuclei
Unit–IX Electronic Devices
|Biology||Reproduction, Genetics And Evolution, Biology And Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Application, Ecology, And Environment|
|English (Core)||Reading comprehension for 20 marks
Writing skills for 30 marks
Literature textbooks for 30 marks
|English (Elective)||Section A – 20 Marks
An unseen passage and a poem: – 60 Periods
1. 12 Objective Type Questions including Multiple Choice Questions from a literary or discursive passage of about 950-1000 words. (1×12=12 marks)
2. 04 Short Answer Questions to test interpretation and appreciation and to be answered in 50-60 words each on a poem of about 24 – 28 lines. (2×4=8 marks)
SECTION –B 30 marks
Creative Writing Skills and Applied Grammar
1. Two Long Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 120-150 words each: Discursive and interpretative writing. (6×2=12 marks)
2. One Very Long Answer Question out of two to be answered in 150-200 words: An essay on an argumentative/discursive topic such as an article/report/speech. (10×1=10 marks)
3. Eight objective Type Questions: Transformation of Sentences: (8 marks)
SECTION – C 20 marks
1. One Short Answer Question out of two to be answered in 50-60 words to test understanding and appreciation. (2×1=2 marks)
2. Two Short Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 60-80 words to test understanding and appreciation. (4×2=8 marks)
3. Two Long Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 80-100 words each to test deeper understanding, interpretation, and appreciation. (5×2=10 marks)
SECTION D (16 Marks)
1. One Short Answer Question out of two to be answered in 60-80 words to test understanding and appreciation and seek comments, interpretation, evaluation, and appreciation of characters, events, episodes, and interpersonal relationships. (4×1=4 marks)
2. One Long Answer Question out of two to be answered in 120-160 words to test deeper understanding, interpretation, appreciation, and drawing inferences. (6×1=6 marks)
|Chemistry||Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General principles and processes of isolation of elements, The p-Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, The d-and f-Block Elements, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Computer Science||Programming and Computational Thinking, Computer Networks, Data Management, Society, Law, and Ethics|
|Accountancy||Accounting For Not Profit Organisations, Partnership Firms, And Companies
Financial Statement Analysis or Computerized Accounting
|Business Studies||Principles and Functions of Management
Business Finance and Marketing
Indian Economic Development
|Physical Education||Planning In Sports, Sports And Nutrition, Yoga And Lifestyle, Physical Education And Sports For CWSN, children and women in sports, test, and measurement in sports, physiology, and injuries in sports, biomechanics, and sports, psychology and sports, and Training in Sports.|
|Biotechnology||Protein and gene manipulation
Cell culture and genetic manipulation
|Political Science||Contemporary world politics
Politics in India since independence
|Home Science||Human development, nutrition during life span, money management and consumer education, Apparel, community development and extension part 2, career options after home science education|
|Geography||Fundamentals of Human Geography
People And Economy
|History||Indian history part-1
Indian History part-2
Indian history part-3
|Hindi||Unseen Passages, Sentence Completion & Correction, Essay, Grammar, One Word Substitution, Synonyms, Antonyms, Verb, advertisement writing|
|Psychology||Variations in psychological attributes, self, and personality, meeting life challenges, psychological disorders, therapeutic approaches, attitude and social cognition, social influence and group processes, psychology and life, and developing psychological skills.|
|Sociology||Introducing Indian Society, The Demographic Structure of Indian Society, Social Institutions-Continuity and Change, Market as a Social Institution, Patterns of Social Inequality and Exclusion, Challenges of Cultural Diversity, Suggestions for Project Work.
Change and Development in Indian Society
Structural Change, Cultural Change, The Story of Indian Democracy, Change and Development in Rural Society, Change and Development in Industrial Society, Globalization and Social Change, Mass Media and Communications, Social Movements
Download Class 12th Syllabus PDF
|English (Core)||Download PDF|
|English (Elective)||Download PDF|
|Computer Science||Download PDF|
|Business Studies||Download PDF|
|Physical Education||Download PDF|
|Political Science||Download PDF|
|Home Science||Download PDF|
Bihar Board Class 12th Syllabus Patterns
To ensure that students are well-prepared for the main exam, the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has implemented recent changes to the Bihar Board 12th exam pattern. These changes, in addition to serving as a helpful guide, can significantly assist students in navigating their exam preparations. Moreover, students can refer to the Detailed BSEB Class 12 Exam Pattern 2023, which offers comprehensive information regarding the structure and marking scheme of the examination. By thoroughly understanding the exam pattern, students can effectively familiarize themselves with the question paper format, time allocation, and weightage of different sections or subjects. Consequently, they can strategically plan their study approach and allocate adequate time to each topic accordingly.
Ultimately, the exam pattern serves as an invaluable resource, smoothing the journey of students’ exam preparations and ensuring they are well-prepared and confident on the day of the examination.
• The Bihar board paper pattern includes both multiple-choice and subjective questions in the exam.
• In the language papers (Hindi, English, etc.), there will be longer answer questions worth more than 5 marks.
• 50% subjective questions (long and short-answer)
• 50% objective questions
• Language papers have longer answer questions worth more than 5 marks.
|Practical Exam & Internal Assessment||20|